What is Histotechnology Professionals Day?
On March 10, 2010, The National Society for Histotechnology (NSH) announced the inaugural celebration of an annual Histotechnology Professionals Day; a day dedicated to raising awareness about the field of Histotechnology. Despite the important role of histotechnologists on the healthcare team, the profession is still largely unknown.
Histotechnology Professionals Day is designed to change this by educating other allied health professionals, aspiring students, and the general public about the field of Histotechnology, in order to give today’s histologists the recognition their work deserves and promote the future of the profession.
Celebrate with NSH
Histology Professionals Day 2020 will be celebrated on March 10th. Please check back in January for updated information.
Celebrate in Your Workplace
We love to see histology labs get creative. After HPD, NSH will be creating a compilation video of our favorite HPD celebrations. Make sure your lab makes the cut (pun intended!) by posting your celebration to
NSH's Histology Professionals Facebook Page
, to Twitter and Instagram, and of course, The Block, NSH's member community.
Here's some hashtags you can use to share the histo-love on HPD: #HPD, #histology, #NSH, #histotech, #science, #ihearthisto and feel free to tag us on Twitter and Instagram: @ns4histotechIn the Lab
- Provide a tour of the histology department to other departments. It helps if you lure them in with snacks!
- Include HPD in communications such as your voicemail and email signature. You can download the HPD logo here.
- Send out an email letting others in your organization know its the histology department's time to shine.
- Check out last year's HPD compilation video for inspiration on how you can celebrate.
Celebrate in Your Community
HPD is all about raising awareness for the profession. Here are a few ways you can celebrate in your community, to let them know what we're all about:
- Participate in career days at the local high schools and community colleges
- Send the local newspaper a press release regarding Histotechnology Professionals Day. If you have events planned, be sure to highlight them.
- Petition the local government to get Histotechnology Professionals Day recognized with a proclamation.